maybe a bit crunchy?
Yes, crunchy. Like granola.
Haven’t heard of this term? Or maybe you’ve heard it but have NO IDEA what it means!
Before I had kids (and started using cloth diapers) I didn’t even know you could describe people the same way you would granola – or an apple or carrots, or whatever you like that’s crunchy. Potato chips anyone?
Crunchy generally means a person who takes a natural approach to life and parenting. Here’s a list of things that may characterize a crunchy parent. There are varying degrees of crunchiness. One need not do all of these things to be considered crunchy. I’d say I’m maybe a bit crunchy because our family does or believes in some of these things.
- Emphasizes the Use of Whole and/or Organic Foods (may be a Vegetarian)
- Practices Green Living (Recycling, No Chemicals, Conserves Energy & Water, Etc)
- Cloth Diapers or practices Elimination Communication
- Supports Breastfeeding and Child-Led Weaning
- Supports Natural Unmedicated Childbirth and/or Homebirth
- Uses Attachment Parenting Philosophies
- Delays Vaccines, Selectively Vaccinates or Does Not Vaccinate
- Uses Natural Family Planning
- Homeschools or Unschools
- Believes in Leaving Boys Intact (not circumcising)
So, are you crunchy? Super crunchy? A bit crunchy? Wanna-be crunchy? Interested in crunchy? Not crunchy in the least bit? Or maybe this post just left you wanting a big ol’ bowl of granola.
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe to my blog, “Like” my Facebook page and/or Add me on Twitter to get blog updates. You’ll also find links to great resources on childbirth, breastfeeding and cloth-diapering on my Facebook page and Twitter.