The time is right.
I’m so excited to finally share with you all that I’m pregnant with our third child!
There have been so many things I’ve wanted to discuss on the blog and our Facebook page but have refrained because I wasn’t ready to tell the world. I’m still only 9 weeks along but couldn’t stay away from here any longer.
Since I’ve been MIA around here and I don’t want to bore you with 2000 words (or more), I’m going to bullet-point my thoughts surrounding this pregnancy. I’ll elaborate on them over the next few weeks.
- This is my first pregnancy that was not planned. I discussed Natural Family Planning around the time I started the blog. I wasn’t charting, however, I am VERY in-tune with my body. Well, except I wasn’t in November. I just plain wasn’t paying very much attention and I was careless. I’m looking forward to seeing what God has in store for us with this child that He so obviously wanted in our lives.
- I’ve been S-I-C-K. Just as I was with my two boys. Never throwing up but having horrible nausea, aversions to food smells (that trigger the nausea) and heartburn (which makes the nausea worse). I’ve done LOTS of research to figure out how to cure it but haven’t found anything that takes it away completely. What works sometimes? Sipping ice water, sucking on peppermints and definitely staying away from greasy foods.
- I’ve been T-I-R-E-D. Just as I was with the first two. When do I get a vacation because taking care of two little ones (ages 3 and 1) is EXHAUSTING even when you’re not pregnant. THANK the Lord for my awesome husband who so graciously steps up to the plate when I’m down and out. God knew I would need exactly who he is.
- My first two were born in a hospital with an OB who is an advocate for Natural Childbirth. She moved to a different state about a year ago (if you live in KY and need an OB/GYN, email me). So I’ve known for a while that any future births would have to be different from my first two. I was pretty sure we’d have a home birth. I’m still pretty convinced of that and my husband and I are meeting with a home birth midwife on Thursday for a consultation.
- I’ll be seeing a chiropractor throughout this pregnancy. I’ve already been to my first chiropractic appointment. I’ll continue to see him once a month until I get to the last couple of months when I’ll see him every other week. This is a first for me and I’m looking forward to reaping the benefits! (Thanks to my hubby who gave this to me as a Christmas gift!)
- I’m due at the end of August. Some of you that haven’t been pregnant during the summer (hugely pregnant) will feel sorry for me but I really don’t care as I don’t know any different…my first was born on Oct 2 and my second was born on Sep 14. I have been hugely pregnant in the summer and all I can say is thank God for air conditioning (and really, it’s not that bad).